Thursday, September 6, 2012

My New Favorite Place!

I knew that missing 6 months of San Luis Obispo's amazing Thursday Farmer's Market would make me a little homesick.  Rain or shine, I am always there to get my box of strawberries, veggies, and other yummy fruits.  Coming to Florence, I had no idea what to expect when it came to produce and vegetables.  Let me tell you, I have not be disappointed in the least.  My new favorite place to shop is called the Mercado Centrale.  This is basically a huge indoor market with everything from meats, to dried fruits, to fresh fruits, to veggies, to homemade pastas, and more.  They have EVERYTHING & more here!  The market is open Monday through Saturday until 2 pm, so every day after class I head over there.  Today I got a fresh red bell pepper and zucchini for lunch! YUM! Everyday I usually get some strawberries, blueberries, and peaches.  It's all extremely reasonable too!  Slowly but surely I am making friends with the people who work at the various stands.  We love the little italian man who sells the dried fruit.  The dried pear is to die for!  Here are some pictures from the indoor marketplace:


Jade and I got roasted turkey from here...it was delicious!


Gotta love the italian pasta!


Our goal is to get fresh fish and grill it for dinner...we'll see if that happens....


Fruit galore!  This is my favorite section of the market....any fruit your heart desires!


Dried fruit.  Our guilty pleasure...how could you resist???


I am finally getting beginning to get my bearings around Florence!  I love it here!

2 comments:

  1. you have to go to club Ice! it was the coolest club I had tons of fun there.
    Love the blog btw!
    -Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's nothing guilty about dried fruit spooney! love reading this and feeling like a part of this adventure...miss you xox

    ReplyDelete