Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Buon Appetito!

It is only day 5 in Florence and I can honestly say that I am absolutely in love with this amazing city!  There is an unbelievable amount of beauty and history here and I feel so lucky to call this place my home for the next 4 months.  Slowly but surely I am beginning to familiarize myself with the streets and different landmarks.  Last night we took a walking tour around the city and learned the do's and dont's of gelato and food.  STAY AWAY from the tourist-y places...very over priced and the quality of the food is poor.  The bad type of gelato is stacked on top of each other and is really colorful.  That gelato is filled with nasty chemicals and preservatives and it lacks the good flavFor example, pistachio gelato should not be green, but should be brown.  The locals recommended this gelato place called "Grom".  


This was my first gelato in Italy!  Well sort of.  It was dark chocolate sorbet and raspberry gelato.  It was delicious! Such a yummy treat.  These flavors mixed great with one another.


This was a picture of a yummy pizza that our roommate Alex ordered at a cafe yesterday!  It was called the Tricolore Pizza (I had to try a bite of this just because of the name and how I love CPK's tricolore pizza) and it was absolutely delicious.  Pizza in Italy is so much different than anything in the states.  There is no grease or icky oil at all.  It is all fresh, light, and delicious.  I love how the crust is thin and the sauce isn't super thick.  People weren't kidding when they told me that the food in Italy was the best in the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment