Monday, November 12, 2012

Prague-tastic!


This past weekend, we celebrated my roommate Alex's 21st birthday by making a trip to Prague! We decided to go through a travel company that would take us by bus from Florence to Prague.  Boy was that a mistake.  We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into until the day before when we found out that the bus ride was a whopping 12 hours!  Not fun at all.  The bus ride there wasn't too bad because we left Florence late Thursday night and arrived in Prague on Friday morning, so we were able to sleep the whole way.  

After arriving to our hotel, we checked in and then headed out to explore the city of Prague.  We were able to do a walking tour of the entire city in about 3 hours.  Prague was much different than I had expected.  It was extremely beautiful and full of a ton of history!

An old church in Prague!

The entire group exploring the city!


A gorgeous view of Prague from one of the oldest bridges


My favorite part of walking around Prague was visiting the famous John Lennon Wall.  This spray painted wall was amazing!  So much talent was put into making it special.  I loved the emphasis on peace and love.  We had lots of fun taking a ton of pictures here!


Peace, Love, and Prague!


After climbing a bunch of stairs, we got an even prettier view of Prague!

This was the oldest working clock in the world!  Crazy right?  I can't remember an exact date but I think that it's amazing!




Prague was definitely one of those places I never expected to visit while I was in Europe.  It was more beautiful than I could have even imagined and I'm grateful for the opportunity that I had to go there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment