Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All about the Amalfi Coast


This past weekend was one that I will never forget.  My friends and I made a trip to the Almalfi Coast in Italy and had the time of our lives.  The weather was perfect and the scenery was absolutely unreal.  I truly felt like I was living in a dream.  I've seen pictures of the Almalfi Coast before, but you have to be there to take in all of its beauty.

On thursday night, we packed like sardines on a bus with 50 other study abroad kids.  The bus ride was an agonizing 8 hours, but I slept pretty much all of it thank goodness.  We arrived at our hostel around 3 am and took a little nap until we had to get up because the next day we had a full schedule!

We woke up early and headed to catch a ferry to Capri.  Once we got to Capri, we took a boat tour with a bunch of other girls.  Our guides pointed out the houses of the CEO of Ferrari and Denzel Washington, which was really cool!  I couldn't help but how nice it would be to have a house there some day! After our boat tour, we explored the island of Capri.  We hiked about 15 minutes up the island and ate lunch at a seafood restaurant.  Then, we went on a chair lift to the top of the island where you could see the most amazing fews. A little later in the day, we got on a boat that took us to the famous Blue Grotto!  This was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced.  We all got on a small paddle boat with a driver who took us into the spectacular grotto.  The water inside was the most gorgeous turquoise blue color and naturally glowed inside the cave.  We begged our driver to stop and let us jump in and swim, which thankfully he did.  We all had so much fun laughing together and taking pictures swimming around.  Seeing Blue Grotto was definitely one of the high lights of my study abroad adventure so far.


The view of Capri!

Swimming in the amazing Blue Grotto!

All of the girls!











No comments:

Post a Comment